LU/LA Elevators For Commercial Use In Chicago, Roselle, Madison, Milwaukee, Appleton, Waukesha, and Surrounding Areas
LU/LA Elevator Sales, Installation and ServiceFor more than 20 years, many customers have looked to Access Elevator, Inc. to provide innovative accessibility solutions. Our vast experience in the accessibility industry has resulted in the installation and service of an outstanding line of high quality products. Limited Use/Limited Application (LU/LA) elevators are designed to provide access into or within public buildings. They can travel inside a complete, self-contained enclosure or can be located in a shaft way constructed by others. They offer an exceptional fit and finish, full code compliance, rugged components, quiet, reliable operation, excellent durability and superior appearance.
ACCESS Elevator proudly carries these premium brands of LULA Elevators
Four Primary Benefits of LU/LA Elevators for Businesses
Elevator lifts can provide added help for senior citizens and disabled people in managing everyday tasks. In some cases, however, limited space or budgets may make other solutions more practical for business enterprises. The limited use/limited application (LU/LA) elevator is one of the most innovative and space-saving mobility solutions developed in recent years. These hybrid systems combine the best features of a full-sized elevator with the smaller profile of a lift to allow easy access to top stories of all areas of low-rise public buildings and retail establishments. Here are some of the primary benefits of LU/LA elevator lifts in the modern marketplace.
1. Cost-Effective Solutions for Business
Elevator installations can be costly, especially in areas that would require extensive structural changes or remodeling work to accommodate the equipment required. Because of their smaller size and reduced architectural footprints, LU/LA elevator lifts typically require a much smaller investment on the part of homeowners or building managers. The materials used to construct the hoistway can also be less expensive, making these elevators a solid financial choice for public agencies or businesses on a tight budget.
2. Ideal for Limited Space
LU/LA elevators typically need only about half the space required to construct a full-sized and full-service elevator. Overhead clearance is also reduced significantly. This allows full access and mobility for wheelchair-bound individuals in a much smaller space. For low-rise office buildings and retail companies, these advanced elevator solutions can provide a space-saving alternative to traditional installations.
3. Advanced Safety Features
LU/LA elevators offer many of the same safety features that traditional elevator lifts do. Because they are designed specifically for use by handicapped individuals, this advanced mobility equipment includes sensors that stop doors from closing when passengers are entering or exiting. They also feature emergency call and emergency stop buttons to ensure the greatest degree of protection for those who use these elevators to travel up and down in retail shops and in office environments.
4. Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed in 1990 and requires most businesses to make accommodations for customers to ensure that they can access the goods and services offered at these establishments. Employees must also be able to reach their workplaces safely and without undue stress. LU/LA elevators can provide a cost-effective and reliable way to ensure accessibility for workers and customers alike.
Working with a proven mobility services provider like Access Elevator can help your business choose the right solutions in the elevator and stair lift environment. By enlisting the help of these knowledgeable professionals, you can enjoy the most accurate advice and expert guidance in the home and business mobility industry.
Savaria Orion Elevator
The Savaria Orion elevator provides accessibility in commercial applications under the Limited Use/Limited Application code. Well-suited for schools, places of worship and other public buildings for up to three stories, the Orion is an industry mainstay. The fully automatic operation with two-speed sliding doors can service up to 6 stops and can be configured to meet ADA guidelines. Less costly than a full passenger elevator, with space-saving construction requirements, the Savaria Orion is a value-packed choice.
- 1:2 cable hydraulic drive system with gradual acceleration and deceleration, makes for a smooth ride
- Quiet operation from submersed pump and motor • Pit depth of 14″ (355 mm) and minimum overhead of 108″ (2743 mm) is easier to accommodate than standard commercial elevators
- Rated for up to 1400 lb (635 kg), with spacious cabs available
- Fire-rated steel panel cab interior in choice of white or black with optional laminate panel overlays available. Full stainless steel cab also available
- Stainless steel fixtures with illuminated indicators for the cab operating panel and hall call stations, automatic cab on/off lighting
- Safety features include: emergency battery back-up for lowering and interior lighting, emergency stop and alarm buttons, emergency manual lowering, safety brakes
- Standard two-stop operation can be increased to 6 stops over a maximum of 300″ (higher travel available where code permits)
- Configurable for one door or two doors with straight-through access for ADA-compliant projects
- Options include: steel panels with choice of melamine or plastic laminate in a variety of colors, brass fixtures, 90˚ door configurations, hands-free phone, stainless steel telephone cabinet, fire recall service, overspeed governor or valve, two-speed steel doors in black, architectural white or stainless steel
- Applications: Commercial LU/LA applications, residential
- Capacity: 1400 lb (635 kg)
- Maximum travel distance: 300″ (7620 mm), with up to 6 stops*
- Cab sizes available: 48″ x 54″, 42″ x 60″, 51″ x 51″, 54″ x 54″** (1219 mm x 1371 mm, 1067 mm x 1524 mm,
1295 mm x 1295 mm, 1371 mm x 1371 mm)
- Speed: 30 ft/min (0.15 m/s)
- Drive: 1:2 cable hydraulic, 5 hp submersed motor using aircraft cable, rope wedge sockets
- Power supply: 208 volt, three phase, 30 amps, 60 Hz or 240 volt, single phase, 40 amps, 60 Hz
- Warranty: 36 months parts, ask for details
What is a LULA Elevator?
- Limited Use, Limited Application
- 25 feet (7.6 m) maximum travel*
- 18 square feet (1.67 m2) maximum car size
- 30 feet per minute maximum speed*
- 1400 lbs. (635 Kg) maximum load capacity
*Limits are determined by local codes. Check with your Garaventa Lift representative from ACCESS Elevator for more information regarding the use of LULA elevators in your area.
- Fully automatic controls
- Two-speed horizontal sliding doors
- Braille markings on all controls
- Audio/visual car direction indicator
- Full-height photo electric obstruction sensors
- Automatic homing
- Cost effective
Standard Features of the Elvoron LULA Elevator by Garaventa from ACCESS Elevator
The Elvoron LULA Elevator is equipped with many standard features, setting them apart from the competition. Some of these features are listed below. For a complete list please contact Garaventa Lift or refer to the Elvoron LULA Elevator Planning Guide .
- Available in 3 standard car sizes as well as custom sizes up to 18 square feet
- Standard Car Sizes
- 48″ x 54″ (1220mm x 1372mm)
- 42″ x 60″ (1067mm x 1524mm)
- 51″ x 51″ (1295mm x 1295mm)
- Available in 5 car configurations, including multiple door configurations
- Wide choice of laminate car wall panel colors
- Choice of three car and wall fixture colors
- 1:2 Cable Hydraulic Drive
- Quiet submersed pump and motor
- Two speed hydraulic valve for smooth start and stop
- Rated load: 1400lbs (635kg)
- Standard travel speed of 30 feet per minute. Optional: 40 fpm (0.2 m/s) – contact Garaventa
- Travel range: 25ft (7.6m). Optional 50ft (15.2m) – contact Garaventa for more information.
- Make up to 6 stops or have a total of 6 landing doors
- Fully automatic push button operation
- Illuminated buttons and digital floor display
- Automatic car lighting upon passenger entry
- Recessed ceiling lighting using low-voltage L.E.D. fixtures
- Full length handrail located below the car operating panel (additional handrails can be added)
- Car operator with integral gate switch
- Car direction lantern comes with audio and visual signals
- Full height photo-electric door sensors
- Emergency backup power system for lights, locks and door operators
- Emergency alarm button
- Keyed emergency stop switch
- Floor specific emergency battery lowering system
- Emergency manual lowering system
- UL or CSA certified components
Doors, Fixtures and Finishes
Your Elvoron LULA Elevator will be a key feature of your building. Interior design and finish are important considerations. We offer a variety of attractive and durable wall and ceiling finishes as shown below. All Elvoron cars are supplied with basic plywood floors ready for installation of your preferred flooring material, as supplied by others.
Car Wall Laminate Panel Selection
Fire rated, tough and easy to clean. Offered in a choice of 8 colors.
NEW AGE OAK
Entrance Doors and Car Doors
Like a commercial elevator, the Elvoron LULA Elevator is equipped with two-speed horizontal sliding entrance and car doors. The car doors are finished to match your car wall trim and are equipped with full height photo-electric door sensors. The hall doors are primed and ready to be painted to match your building decor. All doors can also be supplied in brushed stainless steel.
Custom Car Finishes
Elvoron LULA Elevator car interiors can be customized to whatever unique design best suits your building project. Our custom shop offers a wide variety of wall, ceiling and fixture finishes. We can also build elegant stainless steel and glass cars.
Car Wall Trim Colors
The trim separates the car wall panels and adds the finishing touch to your elevator cab. The standard trim is available in black or white. Custom colors and stainless steel finish trims are available as an option.
Ceilings and L.E.D. Lighting
All Elvoron LULA’s are equipped with four recessed low-voltage L.E.D. lamps that illuminate automatically when the doors open. Ceiling choices are white, stainless steel or custom. White lamps are fitted into white ceilings, black into stainless ceilings. Chrome lamps are optional.
All Elvoron cars are equipped with one handrail on the control wall. Additional handrails can be mounted on the other car walls for extra passenger security.